Brisbane Psychologist Harry Hsieh was born and raised in Taiwan, and has lived in Australia for more than 10 years. Harry undertook his psychology training at the University of Queensland.
Harry has experience working in multidisciplinary clinics, hospital, university and educational institutions, with individuals from a wide range of age groups.
He has an eclectic approach to psychotherapy, predominantly based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) approaches. His special interest is assisting individuals coping with long-term health conditions.
Harry is able to assist clients with the following:
- Stress management and relaxation;
- Cultural adjustments;
- Alcohol and other drugs use;
- Adjustment to long-term health conditions such as injuries, diabetes and chronic pain;
- Interpersonal difficulties and anger management;
- Planning, goal-setting and how to keep to goals;
- Improving psychological wellbeing with exercise.
Harry is a Christian psychologist, passionate about seeing his clients reach their goals of therapy. He takes a non-judgemental, client-centred approach which allows his clients to express their concerns, at their pace, with comfort. He sees therapy as a collaborative process, which allows clients to generate solutions and strategies to their liking.
Harry has had experience adjusting to the culture, language and studies in Australia. He is able to help individuals overcome difficulties adjusting to life in Australia, such as social difficulties, cultural adjustments, and language barriers.
Harry speaks Mandarin fluently, and is experienced in providing counselling and therapy for clients who speak Mandarin as their first language.
To make an appointment with Harry Hsieh, try Online Booking – Loganholme or call M1 Psychology (Loganholme) on (07) 3067 9129.
Articles on this website by Harry Hsieh
- Coming to Terms with a Cancer Diagnosis
- Dealing with Negative Thoughts
- How to Resolve Arguments
- Recovery from Alcohol or Substance Abuse
- Secrets of Stress Management