Dr Peter Noordink is a registered psychologist, first with the Queensland Psychology Board (1991), and with the Australian Health Professionals Registration Authority (2010). He is a full member of the Australian Psychological Society.
He has been working in clinical/counselling psychology since 2003, mainly in areas such as pain management, aged care, suicide prevention, improving self-worth, teenage issues, and helping middle aged men and women deal with “mid-life crises”.
Since graduating in 1990 and registering as a psychologist soon after, Peter has worked in universities in roles such as educational psychology, in human resources, and as lecturer in the psychology and business schools.
Peter’s PhD was in making decisions using both intuition and reasoning in high stress industries, and encouraging people to use both in their daily lives, relationships, and with work and finances. Intuition is considered to be highly personal problem solving, and requires full awareness of emotions and thoughts and situations in which humans find themselves. He uses a very gentle approach to explore issues which are currently impacting on one’s general and psychological wellbeing. But this is not easy – for anyone – and is best determined by being completely present and focussed, using mindfulness practice and techniques.
In 2003 Peter commenced in his own private practice in the Redlands, although he has also consulted to many other practices in the region. To assist those referred to him, Peter extensively uses Acceptance and Commitment Theory / Therapy to assist with developing flexibility and balance in life.
Other modalities Peter draws on include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Interpersonal Psychology, Schema Therapy, Relationship Counselling, and Communication and Assertiveness Training.
His areas of special interest including working with clients around issues such as:
- Individuals and Couples
- Health and physical wellbeing
- Suicidal ideation and self-harming behaviours
- Teenagers and early adulthood (male and female)
- Relationships – parents and children, de-facto and married couples, sexuality
- Problems with anger management
- Increasing resilience to deal with trauma, incl PTSD
- Aged care issues
- The psychology of pain management
- Sex offense behaviours (probation and parole)
- Cultural, religious and spiritual behaviour
- Patient end-of-life experiences and family counselling
- Brain injury counselling
- Men’s groups
- Education and work directions
- Improving self-worth / sense of self.
Peter also offers counselling in Dutch for those from the Netherlands.
To make an appointment with Dr Peter Noordink Psychologist Brisbane, you can try Online Booking – Loganholme or call M1 Psychology (Loganholme) on (07) 3067 9129.
Articles of Interest by Dr Peter Noordink:
- ACT for Trauma
- Dealing with Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- PTSD in Soldiers Returning from War
- The Importance of Forgiveness
- Understanding Narcissism
- Values-Based Interventions: Schizophrenia
- What is Hypersexuality?