Parenting a child can be the most joyous – yet most challenging – job you will ever do.
Finding a consistent and effective discipline system can alleviate a great deal of pressure in the household. Ask yourself, do you find that you are:
- Explaining yourself to your child, over and over again?
- Trying to persuade your child to do what needs to be done?
- Not being heard?
- Arguing with your child?
- Trying to make them understand your point of view?
- Yelling at your child?
- At a loss for what to do?
If you answered yes to any of these – then the 123 Magic program will be beneficial for not only you, but the entire household!
What is 123 Magic?
There are several key goals in the 123 Magic program. These include:
- to reduce the amount of talking and emotion while disciplining your child;
- to provide a consistent and easy to understand discipline system;
- to reduce the amount of guilt and anger often associated with disciplining your child;
- and overall. to gain prompt compliance from your child – so more time can be spent doing the things you both enjoy, rather than getting caught up in anger and frustration.
I have been implementing this program, created by Psychologist Thomas Phelan, with parents for over 7 years, with consistently positive outcomes for the household.
For more information on how to include the program into your day-to-day parenting tool kit, please feel free to arrange an appointment.
Leia’s primary focus is in the field of clinical child and adolescent psychology although she can treat individuals and couples of all ages. She has training and experience in a variety of evidence based treatment approaches, but is particularly passionate about the benefits of the 123 Magic program for children aged 2-12 years.
To make an appointment with Clinical Psychologist Leia Redman try Online Booking – Loganholme or call M1 Psychology (Loganholme) on (07) 3067 9129.
- Thomas W Phelan, 2003, 123 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12. 3rd Edition.