Sarah Dunstone is a provisionally registered psychologist with M1 Psychology. Sarah’s passion for helping people and psychology began while working with migrants, refugees, and other complex population groups whom required assistance in rehabilitating their lives and recovering from traumatic life experiences.
Sarah is an empathetic and caring person who has enjoyed working in both the community sector and now the private sector. Reflecting upon her experiences in the community sector, Sarah embraces a solution-focussed approach to counselling which honours the client as the expert of their own life. Working within her therapeutic framework, Sarah will provide an individualised therapy plan tailored to the clients’ specific needs, and then enjoy walking beside her client as they embark upon their journey towards greater health and well-being. Throughout this journey, Sarah will assist her clients in gaining insight into themselves, their life, and then share various strategies to apply to their life and individual situations.
Areas of Interest
Throughout her studies and work experience thus far, Sarah has developed a special interest in helping individuals during a broad range of life transitions, with women’s personal challenges, and trauma related pathologies.
Community Development and Customer Liaison Officer
Provisional Psychologists at Vision Psychology are dedicated to community development and liaising with clients to find appropriate services. Sarah is able to visit your community organisation and discuss ways in which our clinics can effectively work together. Sarah has engaged with Christian and non-profit organisations to provide mental health services and assessments.
Please Note: Sarah is not able to see clients who wish to claim private health or Medicare rebates and thus offers her consultations at a reduced rate. Provisional Psychologists are supervised by senior psychologists in the clinic in a similar way that registrars (doctors) are supervised by senior doctors. Provisional Psychologists are only able to provide psychology services that are consistent with their training and level of expertise.
To make an appointment with Provisional Psychologist Sarah Dunstone, call (07) 3067 9129 or try online booking – Loganholme.
Articles of Interest by Sarah Dunstone
- History of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual
- Top Ten Tips to a Better Night Sleep
- Benefits of Childhood Intelligence Testing
- Introduction to PTSD
- The Human Side of Heart Break
- Telling My Story
- How CBT and Effective Communication can help clients with an Intellectual Disability
- What is Adaptive Behaviour and How is it Measured?
- Formal Measures of Adaptive Behaviour
- Is PMS a Mental Health Condition?
Sarah’s Almanac of Ailments
- Acute Stress and Acute Stress Disorder
- What is burnout?
- Childhood Stuttering
- What is CBT?
- Daddy Blues: Perinatal Anxiety and Depression in Men
- Depression and Anxiety in New Families
- Depression and Depressive Disorders
- What is IPT?
- Life as a New Parent
- The Loss of a Baby during Pregnancy – Miscarriage Support
- Self-Care for New Parents
- LGBTIQ Families