Hello, my name is Tegan and I am a registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). My qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with Honours and a Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary).
For the last five years I have been providing psychological counselling to children, adolescents and adults across a variety of community and school-based settings.
My approach to therapy is warm, empathetic and non-judgemental. I value a strong therapeutic relationship as one of the key components to building trust and creating positive change for my clients. I have a passion for working with people to help them overcome obstacles, learn effective ways of coping and lead happier and more fulfilling lives.
Children, Adolescents and Adults
I work individually with children, adolescents and adults in the following areas:
- Mood Disorders (depression, bipolar etc);
- Anxiety disorders (including social anxiety, phobias and panic disorder);
- Stress management;
- Complex trauma;
- Grief and loss;
- Self-esteem issues;
- Self-harm and suicidal ideation.
When providing treatment I use a client-centred approach, tailoring the intervention to suit the client’s personal style and preferences. I also draw from a range of evidence-based therapies including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT);
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT);
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT);
- Solution-focused therapy (SFT);
- Relaxation and stress management techniques;
- Narrative Therapy;
- Play Therapy.
Bookings and Fees: To make an appointment with Brisbane Psychologist Tegan Gonczar, try Online Booking – Loganholme or call M1 Psychology (Loganholme) on (07) 3067 9129.
Articles of Interest by Brisbane Psychologist, Tegan Gonczar:
- CBT for Children
- Communication Exercises for Relationships
- Dealing with Low Self-Esteem
- Grief and Mourning
- How to Overcome Worry, Anxiety and Fear
- How to Stress Less and Enjoy Life More
- Living on Auto-Pilot vs Living Mindfully
- Play Therapy for Kids
- Relaxation Techniques for Everyday Use
- Social Anxiety and Avoidance
- The Anxiety Cycle
- The Secret to True Happiness