Most people have felt depressed or sad at times. Depression can be a common reaction to the struggles in life, the experience of grief or loss, and fluctuating levels self-esteem. However, when these feelings tend to happen in intense amounts they may last for days, weeks or months. Intense sadness may include feeling hopeless, hopeless and worthless.
It is not uncommon when feeling depressed that a person may experience a depressed mood, fatigue, worthlessness, impaired concentration, insomnia, weight change and a lack of interest in activities previously found enjoyable.
The effects of depression
If left untreated:
- depression can affect your marriage, to the point where you may even wonder if you have fallen out of love with your partner;
- it can ruin relationships;
- cause problems at work;
- make other medical conditions harder to treat;
- lead to an increase in suicidal thoughts;
- and may also may increase risky behaviour such as alcohol and drug addiction.
Depression is not easy to live with or overcome by yourself. Luckily, professional help is available here. M1 Psychology has a number of experienced psychologists who can help you, or your child, overcome Depression. Call M1 Psychology now to make an appointment for a free Emotional Health Check-Up so that we can give you the extra support that you or your child needs.