Our thoughts help shape our day to day experiences and also our understanding of who we are as individuals. But sometimes, we can get stuck in negative ways of viewing our world and ourselves. When feeling distressed, we may find ourselves:
- Viewing things on one extreme or the other
- Believing that something is much worse than it actually is
- Taking one negative event as being a recurrent pattern in our lives
- Making assumptions about what others are thinking without evidence to support it
- Assuming that our feelings are facts
Our thinking may be characterised by these common “errors” in our reasoning that end up making us feel worse. If you would like to learn some strategies to reduce the impact of your thoughts, book an appointment by calling 3067 9129.