Vivian Jarrett Finalist Telstra Business Women’s Awards Qld – Entrepreneur 2017
MAAPI, MAPS, MAICD, B Psych (hon), GCert (ResCom)
Telehealth Counselling: Vivian Jarrett is able to provide counselling to clients via phone call in certain circumstances. To make an appointment for telehealth counselling, try Online Booking or call Vision Psychology Brisbane on (07) 3088 5422, or M1 Psychology Loganholme on (07) 3067 9129.
It has been a privileged journey to see my vision of a better future come to fruition. I believe that mental health could be made more accessible. Innovation in mental health treatment is the way of the future. But the barriers come from within. Working in conservative models of healthcare prevents discoveries being shared, and stigma prevents the best of mental health being promoted to those that need it. My business provides in excess of 23,000 appointments per year and supports more than 60 careers in psychology.
I am the Director, Founder and Owner of Vision Psychology at Mt Gravatt and M1 Psychology at Loganholme.
I had a vision to attract the best minds to work together to provide services and that dream has seen us develop one of the most comprehensive and diverse range of psychology services in our local area. I gained my registration as a psychologist in 2008 which seems a long time ago. Over the years I have been involved in managing and supervising NHMRC projects at Griffith University, published in international journals and more recently I’ve completed my postgrad certificate at UQ in the Business School.
My passion for business and innovation has led me to be at odds with conservative healthcare models. Times are changing and now we need to move to more flexible workplaces and healthcare delivery. No longer is the long term business the best business. Technology and innovation means google is seen to be a good place to find health information, most people looking online before seeing a health practitioner. I believe we need to embrace our future, find new ways and help our community, our country, the world. Australian’s have a lot to offer in a world that is mostly online.
In my role as a clinician I enjoy practicing across a wide range of areas. I provide therapy services to adults, couples, 15+ years young adults. While I prefer private funded services, I am currently open to Medicare related referrals for most mental health conditions. I have special expertise in treating:
- Mood Disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder – IPT and IPSRT are very effective treatments
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Complex PTSD
- Couples – improving intimacy, managing conflict, affairs, pre-marriage
- Business Coaching for small to medium sized businesses in particular family run; startups
- Psychosis and related conditions
- Health focused counselling where clients want to improve their mental well-being and resilience through a range of services
- Faith based counselling where clients have spiritual beliefs that have importance to how they view the world
- Work place stress especially for women who are trying to manage a professional career plus a family
- Cults, cultures, gender stereotyping that limit or restrict a person to grow and develop
- Domestic Violence – making changes to protect you and your family
To make an appointment try Online Booking. Alternatively, you can call Vision Psychology Brisbane on (07) 3088 5422.
Articles by Vivian Jarrett
- The Traumatic Self
- Trauma and PTSD
- Mental Health Recovery
- Depression in Women
- How Can Prayer Help?
- Is Depression Self-Discrimination?
- Living Androgynously
- Tall Poppy Syndrome?
- Do Dads Suffer Postnatal Depression?
- Corporate Sustainability
- Bipolar Disorder
- Business Coaching
- Married to the Military – FIFO relationships
- Toxic Relationships – When to Leave
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy and Depression
- Homeless at Christmas
- Counselling for Sexual Abuse
- Men and Postnatal Depression
- Schizophrenia Myths
- Psychologist or Psychiatrist: what is the difference?
- Something is Wrong with Me!
- What is Bipolar Disorder?
- Why does Discrimination Occur?
- Women and Depression
- Empty Nest and Parenting Adult Children
- Leaving a Toxic Relationship
- Multi-Systemic Therapy for Hoarding Disorder
- Ideas for Overcoming Isolation Stress