One in five Australians have or will have a diagnosable mental health condition or illness this year, according to the Australian Medical Association.
Given statistics like these, Mental Health First Aid training is important for every member of the community.
Mental Health First Aid Training Brisbane
At M1 Psychology Loganholme, we offer Mental Health First Aid Training to help you:
- increase your mental health knowledge;
- become more aware of the signs and symptoms of possible mental health issues;
- initiate conversations that may reduce isolation and suffering; and
- link others with valuable support.
This two day skills based training course teaches participants how to first SPOT the signs of deteriorating mental health, and provides first responders with potential entry points to meaningful and possibly productive ensuing conversations.
Next Training Course
- When: We are now accepting enrolments for the next course, to be held in October 2018 (exact dates to be advised).
- Where: M1 Psychology Loganholme, 16-18 Redland Bay Road, Loganholme.
You don’t have to be a psychologist or counsellor; in fact regular, everyday people are encouraged to attend, to learn how they can provide “mental health first aid” should the need arrive in their family, workplace or community.
At M1 Psychology, Accredited Mental Health Social Worker Leigh Fraser-Gray has gained her credentials in providing Mental Health First Aid Training, and offers regular courses either at our clinic, or at your workplace or venue.
To enquire, or book your place in an upcoming training group, call M1 Psychology on (07) 3067 9129 or complete our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.