BA (Psych) (Hons), M Psych.
Tara is not currently taking bookings, however, we have a number of clinicians available for bookings. To make an appointment for counselling please visit our webpage here to learn about our highly qualified clinicians, or call M1 Psychology Loganholme on (07) 3067 9129.
Hi, I’m Tara and I am a registered psychologist with experience in acute mental health units, outpatient specialty programs, crisis intervention, private practice and nonprofit organisations.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Honours) and Masters degree in Professional Psychology from Macquarie University in NSW. My thesis was completed on social anxiety and alcohol-related consequences with a strong understanding of dual diagnosis and its importance in addressing co-morbid mental health issues. I have also completed psychology studies at the University of Florida and received a Deans’s List distinction.
Adolescents and Young People
Because research shows that three-quarters of mental health conditions emerge by age 24, I am particularly passionate about early intervention in adolescents and young adults to be able to promote recovery and positive outcomes. I recognize accessing mental health services can provoke anxiety and discomfort, so I prioritise building a supportive relationship and safe environment where you can be vulnerable to achieve your goals while feeling understood and validated.
I am able to teach you skills to cope with difficult events, emotions and thoughts and lead a fulfilling life by getting you ‘unstuck’ and connected. I am cognizant that your story, your pain and your struggles are unique to you, and will tailor a treatment plan designed to target your specific presenting issues.
In my practice, I use a wide range of evidence-based clinical approaches including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT);
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT);
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT);
- Motivational interviewing; and
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I take the time to invest in understanding what it is you are experiencing so I can facilitate changes that will stick.
My areas of interest include:
- Sleep disturbance;
- Bipolar Affective Disorder;
- Psychotic disorders;
- Relationship difficulties;
- Low self-esteem;
- Attachment issues;
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder;
I am also trained in psychometric assessment with significant experience in cognitive assessments in children and adults. I have experience in completing these for NDIS purposes, and am knowledgeable in NDIS requirements for testing.
Call M1 Psychology Loganholme on (07) 3067 9129 or Vision Psychology Wishart on (07) 3088 5422 for all booking enquiries.
Articles of Interest by Tara Pisano:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Simplified
- Am I Introverted or Socially Anxious?
- Bipolar Affective Disorder in Adolescence
- Childhood Trauma and the Impact on Romantic Relationships
- Common Myths about Therapy Debunked
- Coping with Adjustment Disorder
- Does Your City Affect Your Self-Esteem?
- How Cognitive Biases Affect Decision-Making
- How to Help a Loved One with Depression
- How to Survive a Toxic Workplace
- Is My Child Gifted?
- Managing Decision Fatigue
- Raising Awareness of the Bystander Effect
- The Brain and Gut Connection and your Mental Health
- The Difference Between Anxiety and Stress
- Understanding Psychosis: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- Unrelenting Standards
- What is Intellectual Impairment?
- Why You Shouldn’t Suppress Your Emotions